David has practiced law since 1985, founded Tannen Law Group, LLC in 2002, and is based in Atlanta, Georgia. He has been successfully and diligently representing clients in cases in numerous jurisdictions in Georgia.
David understands that divorce, child custody, and other domestic disputes are some of the most difficult experiences people will ever endure. His philosophy is that good representation requires not only providing intelligent and capable advice and counsel, but also educating his clients about the process so that they have a clear understanding of what to expect as their cases unfold.
David is a member of several professional organizations, including the Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation. Whereas some lawyers concern themselves with only paying clients, David understands the virtues of compassion and regularly volunteers his time to represent those who, without his help, would otherwise stand alone in their search for legal protection and justice.
Certifications and Memberships:
- Member of the Family Law Section of the Georgia Bar Association
- Member of the Family Law Section of the Atlanta Bar Association
- Member of the Sandy Springs Bar Association
- Certified Collaborative Divorce Attorney
- Certified Guardian Ad Litem
- Certified Domestic Violence Counselor
- Emory Law School-1985, J.D.
- University of Pennsylvania-1982, B.A.
- Georgia Legal Services – David represents Battered Women seeking Divorces.
- Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation – David also represents victims of Domestic Abuse Victims seeking Protective Orders.
David was the guest speaker at the Center for Working Families and at WOAMTEC Woman’s Professional Association, both on DIVORCE in Georgia.