Tannen Law Group, LLC
Serving clients throughout the Atlanta Metro Area, we partner with you to find the right resolution and path forward. We understand that there are many factors to consider and will always represent your best interests. We offer pragmatic advice considering financial, emotional and interpersonal circumstances to ensure your case is handled with the greatest expertise, knowledge and care.
David R. Tannen
David understands that divorce, child custody and other family disputes are some of the most difficult experiences people will ever endure. David’s philosophy is that effective representation requires not only providing intelligent and capable advice and counsel, but also educating his clients about the process so they have a clear understanding of their options and what to expect as their cases unfold.
David is a member of several professional organizations, including the Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation. David believes in regularly volunteering his time to represent those who, without his help, would otherwise be unable to obtain sound legal protection and guidance.
Certifications and Memberships:
- Certified Collaborative Divorce Attorney
- Certified Guardian Ad Litem
- Certified Domestic Violence Counselor
- Certified Domestic Relations Mediator
- Member of the Family Law Section of the Georgia Bar Association
- Member of the North Fulton Bar Association
- Member of the Forsyth County Bar Association
- Emory Law School-1985, J.D.
- University of Pennsylvania-1982, B.A.
- Georgia Legal Services – David represents battered women seeking divorces.
- Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation – David represents domestic abuse victims seeking protective orders.
- David was the guest speaker at Center for Working Families and at WOAMTEC Women’s Professional Association, both on Divorce, in Georgia.
Before joining Tannen Law Group in 2015, Misty Carlson practiced with another Atlanta law firm where she focused on probate law and estate planning. During law school, Misty worked at the AVLF and the State of Georgia’s Attorney General’s Office.
Misty earned her Juris Doctorate from Georgia State University College of Law and her Bachelor of Arts degree from Georgia State University.
Misty’s legal experience includes:
- State Bar of Georgia
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Atlanta Council of Younger Lawyers
Since April 2012, Rhonda Smith has worked as a law clerk for Tannen Law Group. Rhonda earned her Juris Doctorate from John Marshall Law School and her bachelor’s degree in criminal justice from Indiana-Purdue University in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Rhonda is exceptional at obtaining helpful information from clients, providing them with practical guidance and explaining the process to them. Her duties include scheduling initial consultations; drafting, filing and coordinating service of petitions, answers, counterclaims, and motions; coordinating mediations; organizing discovery and discovery responses; conducting legal research; preparing cases for hearings, trials, and mediations; and drafting documents such as settlement agreements, child support worksheets, child support addendums, parenting plan orders, final divorce decrees, and qualified domestic relations orders.
Rhonda has worked as a law clerk since 2001. She is committed to providing personal attention to every client and assisting them through a difficult time in his/her life.